Police arrest two men from Ely after fight between wedding guests
- Credit: Archant
TWO men from Ely were arrested after a fight broke out at a wedding reception on Saturday night.
Suffolk police said that a 25-year-old and a 49-year-old were both detained on suspicion of causing affray at the Millennium Grandstand at the Rowley Mile racecourse in Newmarket.
Officers were called to the venue at about 11.45pm following reports of a fight breaking out.
Both men were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre and were bailed by officers until September 24.
A third man, who was taken to West Suffolk Hospital after suffering injuries in the altercation, was arrested on suspicion of affray.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that other guests had to be treated by the ambulance service for minor injuries.
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing