Police arrest two men from Ely after fight between wedding guests
- Credit: Archant
TWO men from Ely were arrested after a fight broke out at a wedding reception on Saturday night.
Suffolk police said that a 25-year-old and a 49-year-old were both detained on suspicion of causing affray at the Millennium Grandstand at the Rowley Mile racecourse in Newmarket.
Officers were called to the venue at about 11.45pm following reports of a fight breaking out.
Both men were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre and were bailed by officers until September 24.
A third man, who was taken to West Suffolk Hospital after suffering injuries in the altercation, was arrested on suspicion of affray.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that other guests had to be treated by the ambulance service for minor injuries.
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 4 Man named following fatal collision
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Letters: Praise for vaccine teams, search for brewery tray and more
- 10 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village