Police arrest Ely man who failed to turn up at court to face charge of causing death by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested an Ely man after he failed to appear at court to face charges of causing death by dangerous driving.
Jose Eduardo Gomes, 44, of Welland Place, was due before Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday in connection with the death of Tania Macedo, who died in a collision on the A10, near Little Thetford, on October 23 last year.
Ms Macedo was a passenger in a blue Honda Civic.
A three-year-old girl who was in the rear of the car suffered serious injuries but recovered following treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The other vehicles involved were a silver Volvo V70 and a blue Renault Megane.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Volvo, a 34-year-old man, was uninjured.
Two passengers in the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a seven-year-old boy, both from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Renault, a second 43-year-old man, was uninjured.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Following the incident, Gomes was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving when unlicensed.
But a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to attend a hearing before magistrates.
Cambridgeshire police confirmed that Gomes has since been arrested and is being held in custody.