Police Appealing For Witnesses After Man Is Attacked In Ely
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was attacked in Ely.The 34-year-old was sat in Chequer Lane when he was approached by a group of about five teenagers who began abusing him and kicking him in the legs.He tried to escape onto High Street an
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was attacked in Ely.
The 34-year-old was sat in Chequer Lane when he was approached by a group of about five teenagers who began abusing him and kicking him in the legs.
He tried to escape onto High Street and then into The Cloisters and the car park at Waitrose where he was punched and kicked again.
The victim suffered bruising but was not seriously hurt in the attack, which happened between 4pm and 5pm on Friday (Oct 9).
You may also want to watch:
The youths were white and all young teenagers, apart from one who was between 18 and 20.
DC Gayle Dabney, from Ely CID, said the incident was not being treated as a random attack and investigations were underway.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
Anyone with information should contact DC Dabney on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.