Police Appealing For Witness After Thieves Steal �2,000-worth of Meat From Farm Freezer
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.The theft took pla
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.
Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.
The theft took place at a farm in New Road at 8pm on December 22.
A green Land Rover Discovery was driven onto the farm and the offenders have cut the padlock off a portable cabin-sized freezer unit and stole the meat, worth more than �2,000.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders were disturbed at around 8.50pm and drove off at speed towards the A603.
Detective Constable Julie Munday, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who either saw this green Land Rover in the area of the farm that day, or anyone who has recently been offered any meat at a price which seemed too good to be true."
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Munday at Histon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.