Police Appealing For Witness After Thieves Steal �2,000-worth of Meat From Farm Freezer
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.The theft took pla
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.
Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.
The theft took place at a farm in New Road at 8pm on December 22.
A green Land Rover Discovery was driven onto the farm and the offenders have cut the padlock off a portable cabin-sized freezer unit and stole the meat, worth more than �2,000.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders were disturbed at around 8.50pm and drove off at speed towards the A603.
Detective Constable Julie Munday, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who either saw this green Land Rover in the area of the farm that day, or anyone who has recently been offered any meat at a price which seemed too good to be true."
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Munday at Histon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.