Police Appealing For Witness After Thieves Steal �2,000-worth of Meat From Farm Freezer
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.The theft took pla
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.
Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.
The theft took place at a farm in New Road at 8pm on December 22.
A green Land Rover Discovery was driven onto the farm and the offenders have cut the padlock off a portable cabin-sized freezer unit and stole the meat, worth more than �2,000.
The offenders were disturbed at around 8.50pm and drove off at speed towards the A603.
Detective Constable Julie Munday, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who either saw this green Land Rover in the area of the farm that day, or anyone who has recently been offered any meat at a price which seemed too good to be true."
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Munday at Histon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.