Police Appealing For Witness After Thieves Steal �2,000-worth of Meat From Farm Freezer
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.The theft took pla
POLICE are appealing for information after meat was stolen from a freezer unit in Barton just before Christmas.
Lamb carcasses, beef cuts including fillet, rib and sirloin and free range turkeys were stolen along with butchering knives.
The theft took place at a farm in New Road at 8pm on December 22.
A green Land Rover Discovery was driven onto the farm and the offenders have cut the padlock off a portable cabin-sized freezer unit and stole the meat, worth more than �2,000.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders were disturbed at around 8.50pm and drove off at speed towards the A603.
Detective Constable Julie Munday, who is investigating, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who either saw this green Land Rover in the area of the farm that day, or anyone who has recently been offered any meat at a price which seemed too good to be true."
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Munday at Histon Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.