Police appeal following Ely assault
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after three men were assaulted outside a pub in Ely.
The incident happened at about 1.25am on Saturday (January 26) at the Townhouse, in Market Street, and followed an earlier altercation in the pub which resulted in a man being ejected.
The men, who are in their 20s, were leaving the pub when the attacker approached and assaulted them. He was held back and then walked off.
The victims were not seriously hurt.
A 27-year-old man from Ely has been arrested in connection with the incident and released on bail to return on March 15.
You may also want to watch:
DC Paul Atkinson, who is investigating, said: “It was closing time so there would have been people inside and outside the pub who would have seen what happened. I am appealing for those people to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Atkinson on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 5 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years