Police appeal following Ely assault
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after three men were assaulted outside a pub in Ely.
The incident happened at about 1.25am on Saturday (January 26) at the Townhouse, in Market Street, and followed an earlier altercation in the pub which resulted in a man being ejected.
The men, who are in their 20s, were leaving the pub when the attacker approached and assaulted them. He was held back and then walked off.
The victims were not seriously hurt.
A 27-year-old man from Ely has been arrested in connection with the incident and released on bail to return on March 15.
DC Paul Atkinson, who is investigating, said: “It was closing time so there would have been people inside and outside the pub who would have seen what happened. I am appealing for those people to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Atkinson on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?