Police appeal following Ely assault
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after three men were assaulted outside a pub in Ely.
The incident happened at about 1.25am on Saturday (January 26) at the Townhouse, in Market Street, and followed an earlier altercation in the pub which resulted in a man being ejected.
The men, who are in their 20s, were leaving the pub when the attacker approached and assaulted them. He was held back and then walked off.
The victims were not seriously hurt.
A 27-year-old man from Ely has been arrested in connection with the incident and released on bail to return on March 15.
You may also want to watch:
DC Paul Atkinson, who is investigating, said: “It was closing time so there would have been people inside and outside the pub who would have seen what happened. I am appealing for those people to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Atkinson on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 9 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list