Police appeal after Swaffham smash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a serious collision in Swaffham Bulbeck on the A1303 on Monday.
The incident happened at 8.35am close to the Swaffham Heath Road junction when a silver Ford Focus and a lorry collided.
The driver of the Ford a 33-year-old man from Burwell suffered serious injuries and is in a critical condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital. His passenger, a seven-year-old boy from Cambridge, suffered serious but not life threatening injuries and is in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The driver of the lorry, a 35-year-old man from Biggleswade and his passenger, a 25-year-old man from Stevenage were uninjured.
Sergeant Chris Huggins said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.”
Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’