Police appeal after Swaffham smash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a serious collision in Swaffham Bulbeck on the A1303 on Monday.
The incident happened at 8.35am close to the Swaffham Heath Road junction when a silver Ford Focus and a lorry collided.
The driver of the Ford a 33-year-old man from Burwell suffered serious injuries and is in a critical condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital. His passenger, a seven-year-old boy from Cambridge, suffered serious but not life threatening injuries and is in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The driver of the lorry, a 35-year-old man from Biggleswade and his passenger, a 25-year-old man from Stevenage were uninjured.
Sergeant Chris Huggins said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose