Police appeal after Littleport crime spree
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a number of vehicles were damaged by thieves in Littleport over the weekend.
Ten vehicles had windows smashed or doors forced, a tax disc was stolen from a tractor while a van and motorcycle were stolen – most of the incidents were discovered on Sunday morning (October 9).
PCSO Maria Green said: “We are linking these incidents which appear to be numerous attempts by thieves to steal vehicles during Saturday night.
“I would urge anyone with information about these incidents to call police.”
The incidents included:
You may also want to watch:
- A red Vauxhall Astra had a window smashed in Longfield Road between 7pm on Saturday and 7.50am on Sunday
- A grey Vauxhall Astra was damaged in Woodfen Road between 1am and 7.55am on Sunday.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- A lock on a gold Nissan Micra was damaged in Wisbech Road between 9pm on Saturday and 9am on Sunday.
- A window was smashed on a Vauxhall Corsa in Cornfield Lane between 5pm on Friday and 10am on Sunday.
- A black Nissan March had a window smashed and its ignition damaged in Guernsey Way between 4pm on Saturday and 9am on Sunday.
- A window was smashed on a Toyota MR2 in Highfield Drive between 3.30pm on Saturday and 12pm on Sunday.
- A door was forced on a red Rover 114 SLi in Elmside between 2pm on Saturday and 6.30am on Sunday.
- A window was smashed on a Vauxhall Combi van in Woodfen Road between 10pm on Saturday and 2pm on Sunday.
- Ignition tampered with on a blue Daihatsu Fourtrak in Guernsey Way between 6pm on Sunday and 6.40am yesterday (Monday).
- A grey Ford Escort van had a window smashed in Friars Way between 5.30pm on Saturday and 10am on Sunday.
- A tax disc was discovered missing from a tractor in Ten Mile Bank at 12pm to Sunday.
- A silver Yamaha YBR 125 Yamaha motorcycle was stolen from a home in Ashley Gardens. It was taken after 8pm on Saturday and discovered in Peacock Way on Sunday.
- A green Volkswagen Transporter van was stolen in Victoria Street between 9.30pm on Saturday and 11am on Sunday.
Anyone with any information should call police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.