Police appeal after child is hit by a car in Soham
CAR fails to stop after child is hit
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a child was struck by a car in Soham.
A six-year-old girl was clipped by a car in Pratt Street near the junction with Berrycroft at about 3.20pm yesterday (Tuesday, February 15).
The child was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with slight injuries. The car, which was heading towards Ely, did not stop at the scene. It is thought the car was a silver or gold Honda Civic.
PC Jamie Brown said: “I am keen to trace the driver of the car and would urge to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also appeal to the driver to contact me at Ely Police Station.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Brown on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose