Police appeal after car crashes into front garden
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision which saw a car crash into the front garden of a house in Burwell, narrowly missing the property.
A second vehicle involved in the smash did not stop following the incident which happened at about 5.15pm on Friday (November 25) in Ness Road, at its junction with Buntings Path.
Officers are trying to trace the driver of the vehicle, described as a small burgundy car, possibly a hatchback, which left the scene heading in the direction of Newmarket Road or the Swaffhams following the incident.
The Hyundai Coupe left the road and went through a hedge into the front garden but the driver managed to avoid the house. The driver was not seriously injured but his car was badly damaged.
PC Chris Herring, from Ely Police Station, said: “The driver of the Hyundai managed to avoid the house but it could have been a lot more serious. There were people in at the time who came out after hearing the noise.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision take place and particularly the driver of the small burgundy car, which would have damage to its front near side.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Herring on 101.
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini