Police appeal after car crashes into front garden
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision which saw a car crash into the front garden of a house in Burwell, narrowly missing the property.
A second vehicle involved in the smash did not stop following the incident which happened at about 5.15pm on Friday (November 25) in Ness Road, at its junction with Buntings Path.
Officers are trying to trace the driver of the vehicle, described as a small burgundy car, possibly a hatchback, which left the scene heading in the direction of Newmarket Road or the Swaffhams following the incident.
The Hyundai Coupe left the road and went through a hedge into the front garden but the driver managed to avoid the house. The driver was not seriously injured but his car was badly damaged.
PC Chris Herring, from Ely Police Station, said: “The driver of the Hyundai managed to avoid the house but it could have been a lot more serious. There were people in at the time who came out after hearing the noise.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision take place and particularly the driver of the small burgundy car, which would have damage to its front near side.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Herring on 101.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire