Police appeal after burglary at Co-op store in Burwell
- Credit: Archant
A Co-op store in Burwell was broken into and a large quantity of cigarettes stolen this morning (May 24).
Police are appealing for information following the burglary at the shop in North Street.
The alarm was triggered at about 2am today (May 24).
When officers arrived there was no one around but evidence of a break-in at the back of the building.
Officers discovered that a large quantity of cigarettes had been taken.
You may also want to watch:
They are looking into possible links between this incident and a similar burglary where cigarettes were taken from a Tesco store, in St Ives, overnight on May 22.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting incident 34 of May 24 or alternatively report it online at www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station