Police announce new cadet group for Soham
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police is planning to launch a new cadet group in Soham.
Following a successful trial in Peterborough, the force is keen to establish a similar cadet unit in Soham for 13-18-year-olds who want to learn more about policing and take part in a programme of volunteering and activities.
The cadet group is scheduled to launch in April and will meet once a week on Monday at Soham Village College, with occasional weekend activities.
Hannah Watson, from Cambridgeshire police, said: “The scheme will promote a practical understanding of policing among all young people and encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship through volunteering in the community.
“Vital to the successful running of the cadet unit will be our adult volunteer leaders. We’re looking for enthusiastic and committed people who will inspire our young people to achieve their goals.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Watson said that no particular experience was required for the role and that training, support and development would be provided.
Please find further information about the roles online at www.cambridgeshire-pcc.gov.uk/volunteer-schemes/volunteer-police-cadets-scheme/want-police-cadet-scheme-volunteer/.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
You can also contact Hannah Watson on 01954 713911 or e-mail email@example.com