Poker playing from Fenstanton heading to Las Vegas after securing a place in the Vegas 100 competition
- Credit: Archant
A poker player from Cambridge is heading to the bright lights of Las Vegas next month after securing his place on a trip of a lifetime.
He won the prize trip to determine the UK’s pub poker champion after qualifying in the £265,000 Redtooth Poker Vegas 100 tournament.
In its ninth year, Vegas 100, organised by Redtooth Poker, is the UK’s largest live pub poker league with more than 1,000 venues and 180,000 players registered with the event since it was launched in 2007.
Attention now turns to Las Vegas as the 100 Redtooth Poker winners and guests travel to America on May 27 for a week-long visit and the chance to win a slice of the £12,000 prize pool. In addition, for the first time the winner will receive a £10,000 sponsorship deal.
This year the Vegas 100 competitors will also take part in a welcome tournament, with the top eight players winning the chance to have a seat in one of the qualifying events for the World Series of Poker, which is taking place in Las Vegas alongside Redtooth’s final.
You may also want to watch:
The Cambridge qualifier is Jamie Flecknell, of Pitfield Close, Fenstanton, who plays at the Golden Hind in Cambridge.
Martin Green, managing director of Redtooth Poker, said: “We are delighted to finally secure our 100 players for the trip to Las Vegas. All have done remarkably well to reach this stage, progressing through numerous local and regional tournaments, before winning the national final.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
“These are the best amateur pub poker players in the UK so they full deserve this once in a lifetime trip to America.
“Redtooth’s Vegas 100 tournament continues to grow from strength to strength and has become the event for amateur players to take part in. You never know, we may unearth the next UK poker star to hit the professional stage in the future.”
Redtooth Poker, part of the Redtooth group, based at Barlborough in North Derbyshire was recently named the Best Poker League in the UK at the prestigious British Poker Awards in London for the second year running.
For more information about Vegas 100 and Redooth Poker visit www.redtoothpoker.com or call 01246 813713. Alternatively follow @redtoothpoker on Twitter.