Plenty to see at the 89th Great Autumn Show in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The hard work of gardeners, jam makers and artists was enjoyed when the 89th Great Autumn show was held in Ely.
The event, staged by the City of Ely and District Horticultural Society, attracted a steady flow of visitors throughout the day who enjoyed more than 150 entries across a wide range of categories.
Peter Holden, vice chairman, said: “There were some very good vegetables and flowers, particularly begonias.
“Everybody was pleased with the results and the visitors were also satisfied that it was an enjoyable event.”
Classes included fruit, vegetables, flowers, floral arrangements, handicrafts, photographs, home made produce exhibited by adults and children.
You may also want to watch:
There were refreshments, raffle prizes, and a produce stall.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse