Play area improvements are coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
Improvements and upgrades to play areas in Ely will be carried out when council funds become available.
The work will be implemented as Section 106 funds become available, according to a report by City of Ely Council’s recreation and cemetery committee.
It follows the repairing and upgrading of fencing at the park play area.
The committee report continues to say that the cemetery, along with its roads and pathways, have been maintained to a high standard.
It adds that fencing has replaced a dilapidated section along the boundary with New Barns Road and that discussions have taken place regarding the provision of extra storage equipment in the cemetery.
You may also want to watch:
The improvements were read out at the City of Ely Council’s annual meeting on Monday April 9.
In July 2017, to celebrate Love Parks Week, East Cambridgeshire District Council unveiled a new addition to the play area at Ely Country Park - a multi-play ship.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
Two circular walks were also created to allow people to explore the city - 1.1 and 1.6 miles long, they encompass Jubilee Gardens, Ely Country Park and Ely Park.