Play area improvements are coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
Improvements and upgrades to play areas in Ely will be carried out when council funds become available.
The work will be implemented as Section 106 funds become available, according to a report by City of Ely Council’s recreation and cemetery committee.
It follows the repairing and upgrading of fencing at the park play area.
The committee report continues to say that the cemetery, along with its roads and pathways, have been maintained to a high standard.
It adds that fencing has replaced a dilapidated section along the boundary with New Barns Road and that discussions have taken place regarding the provision of extra storage equipment in the cemetery.
The improvements were read out at the City of Ely Council’s annual meeting on Monday April 9.
In July 2017, to celebrate Love Parks Week, East Cambridgeshire District Council unveiled a new addition to the play area at Ely Country Park - a multi-play ship.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
Two circular walks were also created to allow people to explore the city - 1.1 and 1.6 miles long, they encompass Jubilee Gardens, Ely Country Park and Ely Park.