Planning officer to tell committee to say no to plans to up to 88 homes in Burwell
- Credit: Archant
The district council’s senior planning officer will recommend the planning committee to say no to a proposal for up to 88 homes in Burwell at a meeting this week.
Case officer Barbara Greengrass will tell the committee to refuse David Wilson Homes Eastern Counties’ application for land off Ness Road due to concerns over the impact it would have on the village’s setting, access and a lack of community facilities.
Her report said: “The proposed development would result in a significant adverse effect on the setting of the village and the character and appearance of the countryside.
“There is insufficient evidence to demonstrate the proposed means of access would be acceptable.
“Insufficient provision has been made for the required 40 per cent contribution of affordable housing and no contribution has been proposed by the applicant for education provision infrastructure.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee meets on Thursday (8).
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens