Plan to modernise village post office is welcomed by MP
- Credit: Archant
South East Cambridgeshire MP Sir Jim Paice has welcomed plans to modernise Bottisham Post Office.
The proposals are part a national investment plan for Post Office branches and work has already been carried out on branches in Sutton and Isleham over the past year.
Under the plans for Bottisham, services will be offered from a new till on the retail counter, rather than from separated screened counters.
The branch would also be open for longer - from Monday to Sunday, 6am-8pm.
The current opening times are: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday from 9am– 12:30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office has launched a consultation and review period before a final decision is made, giving residents an opportunity to have a say on the plans.
The deadline for responses has been set at July 9.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Sir Jim said: “The post office provides vital services in our communities, particularly in places like Bottisham. I am pleased that the proposed changes include longer opening hours.
“I would encourage local residents to engage with the Post Office consultation period to ensure that this important service continues to meet Bottisham’s needs.”
The branch may need to close for approximately three days during August and/or September 2014 while the refurbishment takes place. An information poster will be put up in branch at least two weeks before the refurbishment takes place.