Pipe theft tip-off
A BURGLAR was caught stealing copper piping from empty commercial premises in Ely after police received an anonymous tip-off. Officers were told that two men were seen in Potters Lane, one having a pair of bolt croppers up his shirt. Police searched a ve
A BURGLAR was caught stealing copper piping from empty commercial premises in Ely after police received an anonymous tip-off.
Officers were told that two men were seen in Potters Lane, one having a pair of bolt croppers up his shirt.
"Police searched a vehicle and found two feet of copper piping in the boot," said prosecutor Emma Dmitriev. "The premises were searched, and Mark Wilson-Storey was found hiding in a passageway."
Wilson-Storey, 27, of Rotherham, had left footprints inside the premises, and photos were taken of piping being taken down in the building.
"This was a burglary at a disused industrial site in Angel Drove. The premises were disused and insecure," said solicitor Christina Metcalfe.
She said Wilson-Storey was a former soldier. He suffered from mental health problems so would not be suitable to undertake unpaid work.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Wilson-Storey had arrived at court with his suitcase already packed, and was jailed for two months.