Pier we go! Eel band kept busy
SUTTON folk band Eel Pie have a packed schedule ahead of them, with an appearance at the Cromer Folk Festival, Soham s French Week and a new regular folk session. On Saturday, the quintet will be at Cromer for the Folk on the Pier event, at which they wil
SUTTON folk band Eel Pie have a packed schedule ahead of them, with an appearance at the Cromer Folk Festival, Soham's French Week and a new regular folk session.
On Saturday, the quintet will be at Cromer for the Folk on the Pier event, at which they will perform before leading a ceilidh the following day.
The group will mark the finale of Soham's French Week, from May 23-27, with a concert at The Comrades Club on May 27.
The concert includes performances from Liam Browne, Steve O'Kane and Fiona McBain and Neil Lanham.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert, priced £6/£5, are available from Fenland Music, Market Street, Ely, or at Soham Bookshop, High Street. Alternatively, contact Graham Steward on 01353 778 655, or pay on the door.
The group's new regular event, The Glebe Sessions, will begin at The Glebe in Sutton, on Thursday, May 25, at 8.30pm.
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 6 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller
The monthly sessions aim to encourage singers and players to contribute, as well as offering a chance for people to listen.
The Glebe Sessions will run every fourth Thursday of the month at 8.30pm. There is a £2 cover charge and visitors are free to bring their own drink. Contact Ann Steward on 01353 778 655 for more details.