Pier we go! Eel band kept busy
SUTTON folk band Eel Pie have a packed schedule ahead of them, with an appearance at the Cromer Folk Festival, Soham s French Week and a new regular folk session. On Saturday, the quintet will be at Cromer for the Folk on the Pier event, at which they wil
SUTTON folk band Eel Pie have a packed schedule ahead of them, with an appearance at the Cromer Folk Festival, Soham's French Week and a new regular folk session.
On Saturday, the quintet will be at Cromer for the Folk on the Pier event, at which they will perform before leading a ceilidh the following day.
The group will mark the finale of Soham's French Week, from May 23-27, with a concert at The Comrades Club on May 27.
The concert includes performances from Liam Browne, Steve O'Kane and Fiona McBain and Neil Lanham.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert, priced £6/£5, are available from Fenland Music, Market Street, Ely, or at Soham Bookshop, High Street. Alternatively, contact Graham Steward on 01353 778 655, or pay on the door.
The group's new regular event, The Glebe Sessions, will begin at The Glebe in Sutton, on Thursday, May 25, at 8.30pm.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The monthly sessions aim to encourage singers and players to contribute, as well as offering a chance for people to listen.
The Glebe Sessions will run every fourth Thursday of the month at 8.30pm. There is a £2 cover charge and visitors are free to bring their own drink. Contact Ann Steward on 01353 778 655 for more details.