Picnic in the Park returns as Sutton Feast celebrations draw to a close
- Credit: Archant
Sutton’s popular Picnic in the Park event returns this month.
Taking place on Saturday, September 13, Picnic in the Park is held on the Brooklands Centre field, next to the pavilion, and will see a host of live entertainment throughout the day, starting at 3pm.
The event marks the end of the Sutton Feast celebrations and a grand firework display will cap another successful year. Events held as part of the feast included the Tony Robinson Memorial 10k, Gault Day, a dog show and quiz nights.
Already confirmed for the event are Iron Fist, Jake Morrell, Kerry Divine and The Ramshackle Daddies.
A spokesman said: “Preparations are well underway but to help the event to run smoothly we are looking for volunteer stewards for the day.
You may also want to watch:
“It is envisaged that stewarding will take the form of short shifts throughout the day so you won’t miss all the fun. If you are willing to help then please contact us so we can start to put that rota together. Volunteers will also gain free entry.”
If you are interested in helping, call 01353 778625 or 01353 778270.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 8 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career