‘Pick us!’ says Littleport Timebank as it appeals for sponsors for big litter clean up
- Credit: Archant
A skills exchange programme in Littleport has appealed for funds from local businesses to raise money for their own series of litter picks.
Littleport Timebank is looking to get local businesses to sponsor a litter pick for Timebank members and the wider community, and the community-based initiative is asking for £40 for a set of litter-picking equipment.
A set comprises of litter grabber, hoop bag holder, gloves and a hi-vis vest which will have a company name or logo on it to show the sponsor’s support.
The timebank has currently reached over half of its target, but needs more donation to hit its goal of 30 sets.
The public can also get involved in advance of Littleport Timebank’s litter pick on April 7 or join the Timebank to earn two hours which can be exchanged for practical help for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
It can also be exchanged for Time Credit notes which can be used at the Light Cinema in Cambridge or any other variety of spends nationally.
Timebank co-ordinator Caline Easey said: “Timebanking is a great way of meeting new people, getting stuck in to support the community and the beauty of it is, you can contribute as little or as much of your time as you like, there’s no commitment.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
“As an added optional social benefit, we also get together every Thursday morning at Littleport Village Hall from 10-11.30am for an informal coffee.”
If you’d like to join Littleport Timebank, or find out more about timebanking, please call Caline on 07702517746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in the summer of 2012, the Littleport Timebank is a community based initiative in the heart of Littleport. The Timebank is funded by the Cambridge Housing Society (CHS) and consists of Caline Easey, the Co-ordinator, plus individual and organisational members.