‘Pick us!’ says Littleport Timebank as it appeals for sponsors for big litter clean up
- Credit: Archant
A skills exchange programme in Littleport has appealed for funds from local businesses to raise money for their own series of litter picks.
Littleport Timebank is looking to get local businesses to sponsor a litter pick for Timebank members and the wider community, and the community-based initiative is asking for £40 for a set of litter-picking equipment.
A set comprises of litter grabber, hoop bag holder, gloves and a hi-vis vest which will have a company name or logo on it to show the sponsor’s support.
The timebank has currently reached over half of its target, but needs more donation to hit its goal of 30 sets.
The public can also get involved in advance of Littleport Timebank’s litter pick on April 7 or join the Timebank to earn two hours which can be exchanged for practical help for themselves.
It can also be exchanged for Time Credit notes which can be used at the Light Cinema in Cambridge or any other variety of spends nationally.
Timebank co-ordinator Caline Easey said: “Timebanking is a great way of meeting new people, getting stuck in to support the community and the beauty of it is, you can contribute as little or as much of your time as you like, there’s no commitment.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
“As an added optional social benefit, we also get together every Thursday morning at Littleport Village Hall from 10-11.30am for an informal coffee.”
If you’d like to join Littleport Timebank, or find out more about timebanking, please call Caline on 07702517746 or email email@example.com.
Established in the summer of 2012, the Littleport Timebank is a community based initiative in the heart of Littleport. The Timebank is funded by the Cambridge Housing Society (CHS) and consists of Caline Easey, the Co-ordinator, plus individual and organisational members.