Focusing on camera skills with a photography competition in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
Life was put under focus when a photography competition using that theme was held in Witchford.
The competition took place in St Andrew’s Church with entries on the theme “life” judged by visitors to the church.
Prize winners were Keith Furness in the adult section, with highly commended to Lyn Jones and Jim Sawyer.
The under 18s winner was Lauren Gilbert.
Coffee and cake was served and visitors entered a quiz. The winner of the best word to describe church in a positive way was Mark Divall offering the word ‘focal’.
Winner of the monthly draw for the newly formed 200 club was Penny Dilks.
The next photographic competition will be held in St Andrew’s Church in November 2019. To enter send up to three unmounted photos A4 size or less on the theme ‘animals’ to Rosemary Westwell, Antipodes, 17 Common Road. Witchford, Ely Cambs.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Put your name, address, age (or adult) and contact details on the back.
• Coming up at St Andrew’s Hall is a carol concert on Tuesday December 4 from 4-6 pm.