Focusing on camera skills with a photography competition in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
Life was put under focus when a photography competition using that theme was held in Witchford.
The competition took place in St Andrew’s Church with entries on the theme “life” judged by visitors to the church.
Prize winners were Keith Furness in the adult section, with highly commended to Lyn Jones and Jim Sawyer.
The under 18s winner was Lauren Gilbert.
Coffee and cake was served and visitors entered a quiz. The winner of the best word to describe church in a positive way was Mark Divall offering the word ‘focal’.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of the monthly draw for the newly formed 200 club was Penny Dilks.
The next photographic competition will be held in St Andrew’s Church in November 2019. To enter send up to three unmounted photos A4 size or less on the theme ‘animals’ to Rosemary Westwell, Antipodes, 17 Common Road. Witchford, Ely Cambs.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Put your name, address, age (or adult) and contact details on the back.
• Coming up at St Andrew’s Hall is a carol concert on Tuesday December 4 from 4-6 pm.