Stunning snaps show Ely Cathedral blanketed in snow as winter weather hits city
- Credit: Archant
A stunning set of wintry snaps show Ely Cathedral blanketed in snow as the cold festive weather hit the city earlier this morning.
Although our chances of a white Christmas this year are very low, it was hard to not to feel festive after snowflakes fell all over the region.
One photographer, Cherelle from Ely, captured the white stuff landing all over the cathedral and everything and everyone nearby.
Calling herself “just a mumma with an iPhone who enjoys taking photos” on social media, she shared with pictures with her 1,000 followers.
She called it a “gorgeous snowy morning in Ely”; one follower complemented the photographs, saying the caption was “perfectly described”.
You may also want to watch:
The pictures also show St Mary’s Parish Church and Oliver Cromwell’s House covered in snow, along with footprint-covered paths.
Did you take any photographs in the snow? We would love to see them, please email any pictures, along with your name, age and where you took them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air