Stunning snaps show Ely Cathedral blanketed in snow as winter weather hits city
- Credit: Archant
A stunning set of wintry snaps show Ely Cathedral blanketed in snow as the cold festive weather hit the city earlier this morning.
Although our chances of a white Christmas this year are very low, it was hard to not to feel festive after snowflakes fell all over the region.
One photographer, Cherelle from Ely, captured the white stuff landing all over the cathedral and everything and everyone nearby.
Calling herself “just a mumma with an iPhone who enjoys taking photos” on social media, she shared with pictures with her 1,000 followers.
She called it a “gorgeous snowy morning in Ely”; one follower complemented the photographs, saying the caption was “perfectly described”.
You may also want to watch:
The pictures also show St Mary’s Parish Church and Oliver Cromwell’s House covered in snow, along with footprint-covered paths.
Did you take any photographs in the snow? We would love to see them, please email any pictures, along with your name, age and where you took them to: email@example.com
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'