Ely Cathedral features in national prize winning photo
- Credit: Archant
A stunning photograph of Ely Cathedral in the snow has won a ‘12 Days of Christmas’ photography competition.
The competition is run by the rural campaigning group The Countryside Alliance.
The photograph was snapped on Cherry Hill by Graham Barber during his lunch break.
It offers a magnificent view of the famous landmark, surrounded by a light cover of snow and frost.
Mr Barber, from Soham, has won a two- night stay at the Fox in Chipping Norton as well as a tour of the family-run brewery.
You may also want to watch:
Corrine Stewart of the Countryside Alliance, said: "We are sure you will all agree that this photograph sums up the theme of Christmas in the countryside perfectly.
"Ely Cathedral and its surroundings are truly magnificent and we believe this photo captures that beauty perfectly."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
There were hundreds of entries to the national competition this year, which was run in conjunction with the Hook Norton Brewery in the Cotswolds.
The Countryside Alliance is also calling on Cambridgeshire residents to submit nominations for their favourite rural businesses at https://www.countryside-alliance.org/nominate