Phone box at Prickwillow near Ely enjoys a Valentine’s Day ‘make over’ courtesy of Enchanted Flowers and Elizabeth Robertson
- Credit: Archant
Motorists who might have forgotten what today is will surely have been reminded if they pass the phone box in Prickwillow near Ely.
For Elizabeth Robertson of Enchanted Flowers has turned the phone box – in the past used for exhibitions, a mini library and once blinged up for Christmas- into a haven of romance.
She said: “Every month the telephone box is decorated by somebody or a group from or near the village. It is voluntary and more often than not done to bring awareness to the residents of the village of a local scheme or project.
“I decided to ask if I might be allowed to decorate the box with a romantic theme for the month of February and as I am a resident of the village and a freelance florist I thought it would be lovely decorated with my flowers.”
She added: “It turned out so much better than I could have hoped and the fact that it is in the middle of being re-painted only seems to add to the character of it.
You may also want to watch:
“I should add that the paint materials and redecoration is also being done by wonderful local volunteers.
“It was a lovely project to undertake and I look forward to another chance one day.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Elizabeth said: “I would like to thank all those kind volunteers who organised everything.”