Annual charity motorcycle ride in memory of Ely biker Phil Beeton raises £5,660 for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity motorcycle ride in memory of Ely biker Phil Beeton raised £5,660 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance at the weekend.
David Fletcher, of the Phil’s Ride team, said: “We all had a cracking ride on Sunday despite the weather.
“The rain was persistent all day but it didn’t seem to dampen the spirits, although numbers were of course down.
“On the day we raised an excellent sum with more than 130 prizes on the raffle proving popular and our auction items, including a men’s mountain bike donated by A T Johnsons of Downham Market, all helping to make our grand total (so far) £14,034.50.
“There is still some additional sponsorship money to come.”
Phil’s Ride started in 2016 as a memorial ride for Phil Beeton who lost his life in a crash on the A10 in Southery in October 2015.
Due to the action of the EAAA, they were instrumental in saving Phil’s nephews life by airlifting Jack to Addenbrokes Hospital.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 3 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 4 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Princess Anne to visit Cambridgeshire next week
The fundraising is over for this year but there will be a wrap party on October 26 at The Old White Bell public house, Southery, from 8am onwards. Holly-Jean Porridge will be performing on the night too and entry is free.
Visit www.philsride.org for more information.