Petrou Brothers' Fish and Chips Shortlisted For National Competition
ELY S family-run fish and chip shop Petrou Brothers is celebrating a double whammy in the Fish and Chip Shop of the year competition. Co-owner Mark Petrou and his brother Pete have had both their Ely and Chatteris fish and chip shops shortlisted in the E
ELY'S family-run fish and chip shop Petrou Brothers is celebrating a double whammy in the Fish and Chip Shop of the year competition.
Co-owner Mark Petrou and his brother Pete have had both their Ely and Chatteris fish and chip shops shortlisted in the East of England category, alongside Jack's Fish Bar in Spalding, Lincolnshire, Linford's traditional fish and chips, Peterborough, and Sunny's Plaice in Sleaford.
For the next month, staff at the Petrou Brothers' busy Market Place shop will be on their toes, waiting for a mystery guest who will test their customer service as well as the quality of their fish and chips. Regional finalists will be announced later this month.
A further round of judging will determine the top 10 shops in Britain who will progress to the grand final, held in London in 2009 and hosted by celebrity chef, Simon Rimmer.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE. 8487HD0908.
Steven Pitkin, manager, Michelle Cobb, assistant manager and Amie Nash, counter staff at Petrou Brothers.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound