Fairy stories are brought to life in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ely author and illustrator, Peter Crussell, brought his fairy tales to life in a story session in the city library with some real life fairies joining in the fun.
His children’s books are inspired by the magical settings around Little Downham, Wicken Fen and Lode.
Peter, of Little Downham, is the author and illustrator behind Tales from the Enchanted Forest, aimed at young readers.
The book features the woods that surround the imaginary village of Little Hamden, where Becca and her friend Emma, spend their time playing with the fairies of the forest.
Along with Patch, the border collie, they enjoy a series of adventures including Mr Broomhead’s punishment, where their grumpy next door neighbour gets his come uppance and a day at the beach, where the children are cut off by the rising tide and the fairies come to the rescue.
You may also want to watch:
No stranger to writing, Crussell penned the lyrics and script to The Owl and the Pussycat, a full length stage musical, which premiered in Ely in 2014.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens