Pet food that’s good enough to eat launched at Soham pet store
- Credit: Archant
AWARD-winning Soham pet store Scampers has launched a new range of dog food that its inventors claim is good enough for humans to eat.
Pure Pet Food was invented by entrepreneurs and childhood friends Dan Eha and Mat Cockcroft in a small farmhouse kitchen using the same quality of ingredients and cooking processes used in making food for humans.
Only launched in April, the pair have already taken their product from the farm to pet store shelves and Scampers, in Northfield Road, has been quick to sign up.
Dan said: “When we looked around at the wet and dry dog food currently available, it made no sense that a highly-processed food, containing low quality ingredients, manufactured into small biscuits and fed each and every day could possibly be ideal. “Why should our pets be exempt from getting a minimally processed and varied diet, made from quality ingredients, just like humans do?
“Piers Smart at Scampers has been a big help so it was great to launch our retail range there. We had a great time at Scampers and got some really good comments.”
Scampers proprietor Piers Smart added: “The new product is going great in our store and we have already sold 12 packs in first weekend – that’s great for a new product like this.”
Pure Pet Food food is dehydrated, which means owners simply have to add warm water before serving to rehydrate, a concept which is new to the UK, alongside the food’s human-quality ethos.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
The pair have won a government-backed innovation award and have just been shortlisted for a national innovation Grand Ideas award through Shell.