Pet food that’s good enough to eat launched at Soham pet store
- Credit: Archant
AWARD-winning Soham pet store Scampers has launched a new range of dog food that its inventors claim is good enough for humans to eat.
Pure Pet Food was invented by entrepreneurs and childhood friends Dan Eha and Mat Cockcroft in a small farmhouse kitchen using the same quality of ingredients and cooking processes used in making food for humans.
Only launched in April, the pair have already taken their product from the farm to pet store shelves and Scampers, in Northfield Road, has been quick to sign up.
Dan said: “When we looked around at the wet and dry dog food currently available, it made no sense that a highly-processed food, containing low quality ingredients, manufactured into small biscuits and fed each and every day could possibly be ideal. “Why should our pets be exempt from getting a minimally processed and varied diet, made from quality ingredients, just like humans do?
“Piers Smart at Scampers has been a big help so it was great to launch our retail range there. We had a great time at Scampers and got some really good comments.”
Scampers proprietor Piers Smart added: “The new product is going great in our store and we have already sold 12 packs in first weekend – that’s great for a new product like this.”
Pure Pet Food food is dehydrated, which means owners simply have to add warm water before serving to rehydrate, a concept which is new to the UK, alongside the food’s human-quality ethos.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 Museum to mark first anniversary in ‘new Old Gaol’ this weekend
The pair have won a government-backed innovation award and have just been shortlisted for a national innovation Grand Ideas award through Shell.