All creatures great and small at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of animals took place in Ely Cathedral with a host of pets and working animals who filled the aisles for the informal family service.
There were dogs, cats and Marley the donkey from South Angle Farm in Soham.
The annual service is an opportunity to thanks the animals in our lives as well as raising money for Wood Green Animal Shelter, the Donkey Sanctuary, the K9 Project and Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Ruby the therapy dog had come all the way from Northamptonshire with her owner Mr Brooks, to join the celebrations.
The event is a chance to say thank you to all creatures great and small and featured music by the Ely Cathedral Children’s Choir, The Ely Imps.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks went to Rebecca Duckworth, director of The Ely Imps, Edmund Aldhouse, assistant organist, plus all of the animal charities and pet lovers from near and far who took part to enjoy the special afternoon.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse