Performance to mark 75 years since VE Day postponed due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
The popular ‘Opus 17’ band, which was due to play in Isleham as part of VE Day celebrations, has had to cancel its upcoming performance due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Opus 17, from Royston, were scheduled to perform at St Andrews Parish Church on Friday, May 7 to mark the 75th anniversary event, playing nostalgic wartime songs while dressed in American uniform.
Eric Grant, event organiser, said: “Due to the circumstances, a rearranged date cannot be made now but will be made in the future.”
He added: “To people who have expressed their wish to order tickets and attend, a list has been started so that they will be contacted first when conditions have changed for the better.”
The event, known as the ‘big band show’, began in 2007 and has commemorated different anniversaries, such as 75 years since the Battle of Britain in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the show and to join the list, email Eric at email@example.com or call 01638 780827.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines