People’s Vote day of action urges supporters in Ely to vote tactically
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners from across Cambridgeshire canvassed in Ely to persuade residents to vote Liberal Democrat for their best chance of securing a majority for a People’s Vote.
The cross party campaign group is urging supporters to vote tactically to secure a final-say referendum.
In South East Cambridgeshire, People's Vote recommended voting for candidate Pippa Heylings as part of a tactical voting drive.
It came as thousands of People's Vote grassroots activists took to the streets in other key battleground constituencies around the UK
Paul Browne, chair of Cambridge Stays, a local campaign for a People's Vote, said: "We applaud our activists who are putting the greater cause above their usual party affiliations, and encourage anyone who feels the same, to vote tactically.
You may also want to watch:
"The People's Vote tactical voting site recommends which pro-People's Vote candidate has the best chance of winning."
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound