Pedestrian killed in collision with car near Littleport
A PEDESTRIAN has died after a collision involving a car
A PEDESTRIAN died following a collision with a car at Ten Mile Bank on Friday.
The victim, a 28-year-old woman, was out jogging when she was hit by a silver Fiat Punto.
The collision took place at about 7.15am on a junction with the A10 near Ten Mile Bank, Littleport.
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old woman from Welney, had to be cut free from her vehicle by fire crews, before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment. She suffered serious injuries in the collision but her condition has been described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services closed the road to traffic and police are warning motorists to avoid the area or expect long delays.
Pc Franis Crawford said: “I would anyone who may have witnesses the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
Contact the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.