Pedestrian killed in collision with car near Littleport
A PEDESTRIAN has died after a collision involving a car
A PEDESTRIAN died following a collision with a car at Ten Mile Bank on Friday.
The victim, a 28-year-old woman, was out jogging when she was hit by a silver Fiat Punto.
The collision took place at about 7.15am on a junction with the A10 near Ten Mile Bank, Littleport.
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old woman from Welney, had to be cut free from her vehicle by fire crews, before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment. She suffered serious injuries in the collision but her condition has been described as stable.
Emergency services closed the road to traffic and police are warning motorists to avoid the area or expect long delays.
Pc Franis Crawford said: “I would anyone who may have witnesses the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
Contact the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.