Pedestrian killed in collision with car near Littleport
A PEDESTRIAN has died after a collision involving a car
A PEDESTRIAN died following a collision with a car at Ten Mile Bank on Friday.
The victim, a 28-year-old woman, was out jogging when she was hit by a silver Fiat Punto.
The collision took place at about 7.15am on a junction with the A10 near Ten Mile Bank, Littleport.
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old woman from Welney, had to be cut free from her vehicle by fire crews, before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment. She suffered serious injuries in the collision but her condition has been described as stable.
Emergency services closed the road to traffic and police are warning motorists to avoid the area or expect long delays.
Pc Franis Crawford said: “I would anyone who may have witnesses the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 4 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 10 Eight organ donors honoured at ‘moving’ award ceremony
Contact the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.