Pedestrian killed in collision with car near Littleport
A PEDESTRIAN has died after a collision involving a car
A PEDESTRIAN died following a collision with a car at Ten Mile Bank on Friday.
The victim, a 28-year-old woman, was out jogging when she was hit by a silver Fiat Punto.
The collision took place at about 7.15am on a junction with the A10 near Ten Mile Bank, Littleport.
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old woman from Welney, had to be cut free from her vehicle by fire crews, before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment. She suffered serious injuries in the collision but her condition has been described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services closed the road to traffic and police are warning motorists to avoid the area or expect long delays.
Pc Franis Crawford said: “I would anyone who may have witnesses the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Contact the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.