Pedestrian killed in collision with car near Littleport
A PEDESTRIAN has died after a collision involving a car
A PEDESTRIAN died following a collision with a car at Ten Mile Bank on Friday.
The victim, a 28-year-old woman, was out jogging when she was hit by a silver Fiat Punto.
The collision took place at about 7.15am on a junction with the A10 near Ten Mile Bank, Littleport.
The driver of the car, a 31-year-old woman from Welney, had to be cut free from her vehicle by fire crews, before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment. She suffered serious injuries in the collision but her condition has been described as stable.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services closed the road to traffic and police are warning motorists to avoid the area or expect long delays.
Pc Franis Crawford said: “I would anyone who may have witnesses the incident to get in touch.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
Contact the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.