Dad of two killed on Fen road
- Credit: Family
A 32-year-old father of two who died in a collision with a Mitsubishi L200 in Wimblington had lost his new born son just before Christmas.
Police were called at about 7am on Monday to reports of a collision involving a silver Mitsubishi L200 and a pedestrian on the A141.
The pedestrian, John Ulliot, 32, of Reeves Way, Peterborough, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The family of Mr Ulliot said today: “Our beloved son John sadly passed away and we are devasted. John leaves behind his fiancée Sarah and two beautiful sons, Sammie and Noah.
"This is yet another devastating blow for the family, as John sadly lost his new-born son Dean just before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“He also leaves behind his mum, dad, brothers Ricki and Wade and his sister Kerrie.”
The driver of the Mitsubishi, a man in his 50s, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should call 101 or report online quoting incident 39 of January 11.