PCSOs step up primary school patrols at drop off and pick up times across East Cambs
- Credit: Archant
PCSOs have stepped up patrols of local primary schools at drop off and pick up times across East Cambridgeshire.
Yesterday PCSO Magdalena Harvey issued two fixed penalty notices – at £30 a time - for inconsiderate parking offences on Pratt Street in Soham.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “A number of local schools have reached out to us in concern for traffic and parking outside their premises at the predictable times.
“Fixed penalty notices are being issued and we are advising drivers to take note of entrances and exits, dropped kerbs, and double yellow lines.
“The fine is £30 - which we don’t want to have to issue - but genuinely, we’ve offered many words of advice, we’ve done publicity on the subject, and we’ve been writing to parents.
You may also want to watch:
“Concerns exist for young children crossing between parked vehicles in built up areas, and vehicles obstructing pavements forcing wheel chairs, push chairs and children into the road.”
One person said on social media: “Get yourselves to Haddenham, Robert Arkenstall Primary School and the High Street.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
Another added: “Please go down Lynn Road, Ely. It’s so bad with inconsiderate parking.”