PCSO helps King’s Ely Acremont pupils to try and catch the porridge thief
- Credit: Archant
Children at King’s Ely Acremont turned into mini crime scene investigators under the watchful eye of a local PCSO.
Year 1 pupils entered one of the classrooms to discover a Goldilocks and the Three Bears themed ‘crime scene’.
Someone had stolen the porridge and the curious youngsters were tasked with searching for clues to try and determine who may have committed the ‘crime’.
Local PCSO Kat Deronal visited to support the children with their investigation, giving tips on what sort of clues to look out for, such as fingerprints and footprints.
After completing a thorough search, the children headed outside to see the police car that PCSO Deronal had arrived in and were able to hear the siren and see the blue lights flashing. Pupils and staff will now be making ‘wanted posters’ and liaising with PCSO Deronal in a bid to track down the porridge thief.
You may also want to watch:
Celia Etchegoyen, interim head of King’s Ely Acremont, said: “PCSO Deronal inspired the children from start to finish.
“She encouraged them to investigate the clues left at the crime scene to help them discover that it was Goldilocks who had stolen the porridge. A wonderful day was had by all.”
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre