Passerby helps save dog from from kitchen blaze in Kent Close, Ely

PUBLISHED: 10:39 11 July 2016 | UPDATED: 11:31 11 July 2016

Passerby helps save dog from from kitchen blaze in Kent Close, Ely

Passerby helps save dog from from kitchen blaze in Kent Close, Ely

Archant

The quick reactions of a passerby led to a dog being rescued from a kitchen that had caught fire in Kent Close, Ely on Sunday morning.

The passerby was walking along the road at 1am when they heard a smoke alarm going off.

They called the fire brigade and when firefighters arrived the owner of the house was contacted as her number was on the dog tag.

She wrote on Facebook: “My kitchen caught fire when I was out. Luckily my four-year-old daughter and I weren’t home, but my dog was.

“Thankfully because of a passerby at 1am who heard the smoke alarm going off, the fire brigade managed to rescue my dog who is fine.

“They rang me because my number was on her tag.

“My kitchen is ruined as are all my appliances in it, but no one was hurt.

“I’m so grateful for the passerby, and to Ely and Littleport fire brigade for there speedy attendance, meaning my dog was saved.

“Please check your smoke alarm guys.”

Crews from Littleport and Ely were called to the blaze at around 1am and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish it.

They also used positive pressure ventilation fans to clear smoke.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Crews returned to their stations by 3.27am.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ely Standard

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists