Passerby helps save dog from from kitchen blaze in Kent Close, Ely
- Credit: Archant
The quick reactions of a passerby led to a dog being rescued from a kitchen that had caught fire in Kent Close, Ely on Sunday morning.
The passerby was walking along the road at 1am when they heard a smoke alarm going off.
They called the fire brigade and when firefighters arrived the owner of the house was contacted as her number was on the dog tag.
She wrote on Facebook: “My kitchen caught fire when I was out. Luckily my four-year-old daughter and I weren’t home, but my dog was.
“Thankfully because of a passerby at 1am who heard the smoke alarm going off, the fire brigade managed to rescue my dog who is fine.
You may also want to watch:
“They rang me because my number was on her tag.
“My kitchen is ruined as are all my appliances in it, but no one was hurt.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
“I’m so grateful for the passerby, and to Ely and Littleport fire brigade for there speedy attendance, meaning my dog was saved.
“Please check your smoke alarm guys.”
Crews from Littleport and Ely were called to the blaze at around 1am and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish it.
They also used positive pressure ventilation fans to clear smoke.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Crews returned to their stations by 3.27am.