A garden party was held in Ely to raise money for stroke victims. Guy and Christine Shropshire also showed visitors to the event – for the Strada charity – around their eight-acre garden. Strada chairman George Jefferson received a cheque for £250 from P
A garden party was held in Ely to raise money for stroke victims.
Guy and Christine Shropshire also showed visitors to the event - for the Strada charity - around their eight-acre garden.
Strada chairman George Jefferson received a cheque for £250 from Philip Eden, the retiring president of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club whose members had previously carried out a street collection in Ely for the charity.
Mr Jefferson presented a bouquet of flowers to Mrs Shropshire to thank her for organising the event.
Strada was set up to aid the recovery of people who have suffered a stroke and provides trained staff, assistance with exercise, to improve physical maintenance, speech therapy and discussion groups. Some patients are using wheelchairs or other aids for mobility.
It can also provide a few hours of respite for their carers and families.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
Strada Cambridgeshire holds its meetings on Mondays and Thursdays at the Paradise Centre, Ely and on Fridays at St Andrew's Church Hall, Chesterton, Cambridge.
The charity relies upon all forms of help and funding to run its activities and welcomes volunteer support.
INFO: telephone 07960 637988 if you want to help.
Our picture, left, shows Strada chairman George Jefferson presenting a bouquet of flowers to Christine Shropshire for her help in organising the event, while Mr Jefferson, above, receives a cheque from Philip Eden.