A garden party was held in Ely to raise money for stroke victims. Guy and Christine Shropshire also showed visitors to the event – for the Strada charity – around their eight-acre garden. Strada chairman George Jefferson received a cheque for £250 from P
A garden party was held in Ely to raise money for stroke victims.
Guy and Christine Shropshire also showed visitors to the event - for the Strada charity - around their eight-acre garden.
Strada chairman George Jefferson received a cheque for £250 from Philip Eden, the retiring president of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club whose members had previously carried out a street collection in Ely for the charity.
Mr Jefferson presented a bouquet of flowers to Mrs Shropshire to thank her for organising the event.
You may also want to watch:
Strada was set up to aid the recovery of people who have suffered a stroke and provides trained staff, assistance with exercise, to improve physical maintenance, speech therapy and discussion groups. Some patients are using wheelchairs or other aids for mobility.
It can also provide a few hours of respite for their carers and families.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Strada Cambridgeshire holds its meetings on Mondays and Thursdays at the Paradise Centre, Ely and on Fridays at St Andrew's Church Hall, Chesterton, Cambridge.
The charity relies upon all forms of help and funding to run its activities and welcomes volunteer support.
INFO: telephone 07960 637988 if you want to help.
Our picture, left, shows Strada chairman George Jefferson presenting a bouquet of flowers to Christine Shropshire for her help in organising the event, while Mr Jefferson, above, receives a cheque from Philip Eden.