More than 200 take part in Littleport parkrun on sunny Saturday
- Credit: Archant
More than 250 people laced up their trainers and donned their jogging bottoms for Littleport’s parkrun.
Dozens took part in the sunny course on Saturday (March 30), wearing sports gear and rubber chickens to welcome the joys of spring.
Staff, children and parents from Millfield Primary School in Littleport also took part with their Millfield Movers group.
It comes as part of Cambridgeshire County Council’s Let’s Get Moving scheme to help inactive residents get active.
They help promote and support all of the activities going on across the district, help initiate new opportunities where there is a demand and to provide support to individuals who need it.
A spokesperson for Littleport parkrun said: “What an awesome morning, 257 finishers clicked in by Charlie and James.
“With almost as many rubber chickens turning up as well!
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 5 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 6 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
“Well done to all the runners, Let’s Get Moving East Cambs with their Millfield Movers scheme and of course all the volunteers who make our little parkrun so awesome.”
The parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9am at Littleport Leisure Centre grounds.
Its free, fun and everyone is welcome.
Just sign up online at www.parkrun.com print off your bar code and take it along.