Members of Ely and District Parkinson’s Group enjoy ‘Chutney and Chat’ afternoon at August meeting held in the city
- Credit: Supplied
Members of the Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Group enjoyed ‘Chutney and Chat’ at their August meeting.
The group - which meets each month - was treated to a selection chutneys, cheeses, olives and curds, including curd made with blueberries, along with a gluten free range of cakes.
They were joined by Mike Howard of Rain Wizard Catering of Southery who spoke to the group about his culinary life and career.
A spokesman for the group said: "Mike shared with members where he got his inventive inspiration from and recounted many amusing stories.
"Mike also answered questions about chutneys and more general cooking questions, including 'how do I made the perfect Yorkshire puddings?'
You may also want to watch:
"Mike explained that wherever possible ingredients are sourced locally, and Mike only makes small batches of produce.
"We all agreed that it had been an interesting afternoon and we look forward to welcoming Mike back in November."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The Ely and District Parkinson's UK Group meet on the third Tuesday afternoon in the month at the Bell Holt Housing Meeting Room in Ely.
For further information contact Caroline Nicklinson on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718191482.