Parking plans at supermarket
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco wants to add a raised deck to part of its car park to make room for Christmas shoppers. The project will provide 46 extra spaces on a platform above part of the existing Angel Drove car park near the path to the railway station. Dr
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco wants to add a raised deck to part of its car park to make room for Christmas shoppers.
The project will provide 46 extra spaces on a platform above part of the existing Angel Drove car park near the path to the railway station.
Drivers will go up a ramp to the new deck which has been used at other stores across the country.
If given the go-ahead it will be built in early December and dismantled in the New Year.
Michael Kissman, Tesco corporate affairs manager, said: "We have been listening to feedback from our customers who have told us that the car park can be really busy in the run up to Christmas.
"The work will be carried out in a way that guarantees minimum disruption to customers."
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
Tesco has lodged a planning application with East Cambridgeshire District Council for the new parking platform but has no plans at this stage to make it a permanent fixture.