Parking plans at supermarket
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco wants to add a raised deck to part of its car park to make room for Christmas shoppers. The project will provide 46 extra spaces on a platform above part of the existing Angel Drove car park near the path to the railway station. Dr
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco wants to add a raised deck to part of its car park to make room for Christmas shoppers.
The project will provide 46 extra spaces on a platform above part of the existing Angel Drove car park near the path to the railway station.
Drivers will go up a ramp to the new deck which has been used at other stores across the country.
If given the go-ahead it will be built in early December and dismantled in the New Year.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Kissman, Tesco corporate affairs manager, said: "We have been listening to feedback from our customers who have told us that the car park can be really busy in the run up to Christmas.
"The work will be carried out in a way that guarantees minimum disruption to customers."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Tesco has lodged a planning application with East Cambridgeshire District Council for the new parking platform but has no plans at this stage to make it a permanent fixture.