Oven cleaning company suspends work in parts of Ely as there’s nowhere to park
- Credit: Archant
An oven cleaning company says they can no longer service customers in Ely city centre because of parking problems.
First National Oven Clean says double yellow lines in parts of the city mean some homes are now off limits.
"It is with deep regret that we have to suspend all work in Ely city centre," the company posted on its Facebook page.
A company spokesman said: "After speaking to the local council and the local police this morning we were told that there's no way that any service business can park on double yellow lines in Ely for whatever reason."
One operative said: "In oven cleaning we get good days and unfortunately bad days too.
You may also want to watch:
"Quite recently I had to cancel an oven clean in Ely city centre as I was unable to park due to double yellow lines; just about every street had double yellow lines down them.
"The customer is furious. I have emailed the council and hopefully we might get a fix for the problem."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
First National says that because of the equipment they need they must park near to people's homes.