Oven cleaning company suspends work in parts of Ely as there’s nowhere to park
- Credit: Archant
An oven cleaning company says they can no longer service customers in Ely city centre because of parking problems.
First National Oven Clean says double yellow lines in parts of the city mean some homes are now off limits.
"It is with deep regret that we have to suspend all work in Ely city centre," the company posted on its Facebook page.
A company spokesman said: "After speaking to the local council and the local police this morning we were told that there's no way that any service business can park on double yellow lines in Ely for whatever reason."
One operative said: "In oven cleaning we get good days and unfortunately bad days too.
You may also want to watch:
"Quite recently I had to cancel an oven clean in Ely city centre as I was unable to park due to double yellow lines; just about every street had double yellow lines down them.
"The customer is furious. I have emailed the council and hopefully we might get a fix for the problem."
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Photographer captures Ely Cathedral from above in stunning video
- 3 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 6 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 7 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 10 Popular Ely pub may never re-open
First National says that because of the equipment they need they must park near to people's homes.