Parisian Swing Jazz Band named as Thursday night residents at Poets House in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Head to Poets House in Ely every Thursday to enjoy live music from resident performers The Parisian Swing Jazz Band.
The group, formed in 1990, features two or three guitars, violin and bass and performs music created by Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli as well as a range of other well-known jazz standards.
They will perform in the Study Bar every Thursday from 7.30-10pm.
Christine Gallop, events manager at Poets House, said: “We are offering our guests the opportunity to spend a leisurely evening relaxing and listening to good music as they wind down towards the weekend.
“The Parisian Swing have a good reputation and it will be fun to have live music performed each week.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael Massey, of The Parisian Swing Band, said: “We are delighted to have been asked to play at Poets House because we think that our style of music is ideally suited to the ambience of this lovely hotel.
“We look forward to entertaining the patrons of the Study Bar.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
For more information visit www.poetshouse.uk.com