Parisian Swing Jazz Band named as Thursday night residents at Poets House in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Head to Poets House in Ely every Thursday to enjoy live music from resident performers The Parisian Swing Jazz Band.
The group, formed in 1990, features two or three guitars, violin and bass and performs music created by Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli as well as a range of other well-known jazz standards.
They will perform in the Study Bar every Thursday from 7.30-10pm.
Christine Gallop, events manager at Poets House, said: “We are offering our guests the opportunity to spend a leisurely evening relaxing and listening to good music as they wind down towards the weekend.
“The Parisian Swing have a good reputation and it will be fun to have live music performed each week.”
Michael Massey, of The Parisian Swing Band, said: “We are delighted to have been asked to play at Poets House because we think that our style of music is ideally suited to the ambience of this lovely hotel.
“We look forward to entertaining the patrons of the Study Bar.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
For more information visit www.poetshouse.uk.com