Parisian Swing Jazz Band named as Thursday night residents at Poets House in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Head to Poets House in Ely every Thursday to enjoy live music from resident performers The Parisian Swing Jazz Band.
The group, formed in 1990, features two or three guitars, violin and bass and performs music created by Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli as well as a range of other well-known jazz standards.
They will perform in the Study Bar every Thursday from 7.30-10pm.
Christine Gallop, events manager at Poets House, said: “We are offering our guests the opportunity to spend a leisurely evening relaxing and listening to good music as they wind down towards the weekend.
“The Parisian Swing have a good reputation and it will be fun to have live music performed each week.”
Michael Massey, of The Parisian Swing Band, said: “We are delighted to have been asked to play at Poets House because we think that our style of music is ideally suited to the ambience of this lovely hotel.
“We look forward to entertaining the patrons of the Study Bar.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 2 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 3 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 4 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
For more information visit www.poetshouse.uk.com