The initial meetings of the steering group have been well attended and the members are very enthusiastic and well organised. A grant application has been submitted to Cambridgeshire ACRE and a questionnaire is being compiled with the help of software prov
The initial meetings of the steering group have been well attended and the members are very enthusiastic and well organised. A grant application has been submitted to Cambridgeshire ACRE and a questionnaire is being compiled with the help of software provided by the parish council. It is hoped it will be ready for distribution to every resident over the age of 10 in June. A project is planned with Timeline. The group would also welcome a representative from Aldreth to join them.
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Waste & Minerals Plan
It was agreed that the following comments should be returned:
The parish council would support the preferred site at Witchford for household waste providing it is housed in the state of the art building as proposed.
You may also want to watch:
The parish council has objections to the gravel extraction issues and would not condone more lorries coming through Haddenham to carry the gravel away.
Post Office closures
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
A resolution was passed by the council pledging its support for keeping Haddenham Post Office open should it be affected by the threats of closure. The council will do all in its power to lobby the Post Office/Royal Mail to preserve this essential local service. As a parish council, with the interests of village residents and local business owners in mind, it will campaign along with others, including members of Parliament, to retain the Post Office in Haddenham. A letter pledging this support will be sent to Steve and Liz Edwards at the Post Office.