CLLR Bowcock and Cllr Tindall were elected chairman and vice- chairman, respectively, for the coming year. Cllr Bowcock s first duty was to welcome three new councillors, Cllr Jo Fitzpatrick, Cllr Geoff Haigh and Cllr Julie Parr and also to congratulate
CLLR Bowcock and Cllr Tindall were elected chairman and vice- chairman, respectively, for the coming year. Cllr Bowcock's first duty was to welcome three new councillors, Cllr Jo Fitzpatrick, Cllr Geoff Haigh and Cllr Julie Parr and also to congratulate everyone on being elected.
Minutes of the last meeting and accounts to be paid were agreed and signed. Membership of committees and working groups was decided.
Apologies for absence had been received from district councillor Ian Allen.
You may also want to watch:
The clerk has received notification from the county council that a tree at the end of Linden Way/Froize End had been taken down following advice from an arboriculturalist. Due to the spreading of roots under the path, which were heading towards a neighbouring house and BT phone box it was felt that this was the best course of action.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
Police surgeries will be held on Saturday, May 19, from 4pm - 4.30pm outside Haddenham Post Office and on Saturday, May 26, from noon till 12.30pm at Aldreth Village Hall.
Report from district and county councillors
Cllrs Pauline and Gareth Wilson were pleased to report that they had retained their seats on the district council. Cllr Bill Hunt was pleased to report that he had also been elected to serve on the district council for the Stretham Ward.
Cllr Pauline Wilson reported that the next full district council meeting would be held on May 22.
Cllr Bill Hunt advised that plans for the Butts Lane park-and-ride have finally been approved; there will be approximately 1000 spaces. Focus in the coming months will now be centred on the issue of decriminalisation. A major survey of streetlights in Cambridgeshire has been carried out with Haddenham being amongst a few villages selected for research.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 7.30pm at the Arkenstall Village Centre, Station Road, Haddenham, Cambs.