Parents welcome the new after school club at Spring Meadow School in Ely
THE new after school club at the Spring Meadow infant and nursery school in Ely has got off to a great start, with children enjoying a variety of games and crafts.
Youngsters from the school can attend the club until 6pm from Monday to Friday, during term time, and take the opportunity to play with their friends and learn new skills.
Karen Hornsey, a stay and play assistant, said: “The club is a really happy environment for the children. They love to play traditional playground games, and play outside with bats and balls, sand and water, and play on the gym trail apparatus.
“We meet at the school’s new studio, and indoors the youngsters play games, enjoy a variety of crafts, and tuck into a healthy snack during the afternoon.”
“Parents are really pleased that the club has started, and the children seem really happy.”
You may also want to watch:
The club started this sumer, following the closure of the nearby Barns after school club. Three members of staff from the Barns help run the new club.
Parents of Spring Meadow pupils can get an information pack about the fees and booking a place, from the school office, or from the school brochure.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’