Parents welcome the new after school club at Spring Meadow School in Ely
THE new after school club at the Spring Meadow infant and nursery school in Ely has got off to a great start, with children enjoying a variety of games and crafts.
Youngsters from the school can attend the club until 6pm from Monday to Friday, during term time, and take the opportunity to play with their friends and learn new skills.
Karen Hornsey, a stay and play assistant, said: “The club is a really happy environment for the children. They love to play traditional playground games, and play outside with bats and balls, sand and water, and play on the gym trail apparatus.
“We meet at the school’s new studio, and indoors the youngsters play games, enjoy a variety of crafts, and tuck into a healthy snack during the afternoon.”
“Parents are really pleased that the club has started, and the children seem really happy.”
You may also want to watch:
The club started this sumer, following the closure of the nearby Barns after school club. Three members of staff from the Barns help run the new club.
Parents of Spring Meadow pupils can get an information pack about the fees and booking a place, from the school office, or from the school brochure.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 4 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture