Pancake Olympics, cookie making, Time Explorers and more at Peterborough Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A host of events are happening during February half term at Peterborough Cathedral.
Time Explorers is returning – this time with ‘Time Explorers: Saxons’. In the Cathedral’s 900th anniversary year, there will be a closer look at the Saxon era. Family members (both young and not-so-young) can join in with craft activities as they learn about the people who founded and built the cathedral.
‘Time Explorers: Saxons’ takes place from Monday 12 to Friday 16 February at Peterborough Cathedral from 1-4pm. Entry is free (no need to book), but donations are welcome to cover costs. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The cathedral is also playing host to a prestigious sporting event – ‘The Family Pancake Olympics’. Competitors will take part in pancake flipping, pancake flinging and a crazy pancake obstacle course – with goody-bags and prizes to be won.
‘The Family Pancake Olympics’ will take place on Pancake Day – Tuesday February 13 from 10am to 12noon - on the cathedral grounds. Entry is free (no need to book). The event is being sponsored by Metro Bank.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be daily ‘Cookie Making’ classes at Becket’s Tea Room – the cathedral’s 14th century cafeteria. These will be held on Monday 12, Wednesday 14 and Friday 16 February at 10am, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. Tuesday 13 is reserved for ‘Pancake Making’, and these classes will take place at the same time slots.
Entry is free for the classes. To book, call 07702 948216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a maximum of eight places per session.
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 6 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller