Champion flipper crowned at care home’s Pancake Day challenge
- Credit: Soham Lodge Care Centre
Pancake Day united staff and residents at a Soham care home in a bid to find a champion ‘flipper’.
With the same stoicism displayed throughout the lockdown, Soham Lodge Care Home determined a business-as-usual approach to this annual tradition.
And to celebrate they filmed a frying pan – and pancake – being flipped here, flipped there and flipped everywhere across the home.
Even bed bound residents raised a smile as it was their turn for a ‘flipping moment’.
Activities manager Emma Hales led the charge of the pancakes – and with considerable success.
“It was definitely a happy pancake day here,” she said.
And for resident Jim Patterson the day was definitely one to remember – he won the award for the ‘pancake flipper 2021 championship’.’
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Efforts of Cambridgeshire’s Covid community champions recognised in Parliament
The home has 34 bedrooms and looks after adults and elderly people with a variety of requirements and complex needs.
And staff keep an eye on the calendar, too, ensuring they never miss important events.