Champion flipper crowned at care home’s Pancake Day challenge
- Credit: Soham Lodge Care Centre
Pancake Day united staff and residents at a Soham care home in a bid to find a champion ‘flipper’.
With the same stoicism displayed throughout the lockdown, Soham Lodge Care Home determined a business-as-usual approach to this annual tradition.
And to celebrate they filmed a frying pan – and pancake – being flipped here, flipped there and flipped everywhere across the home.
Even bed bound residents raised a smile as it was their turn for a ‘flipping moment’.
Activities manager Emma Hales led the charge of the pancakes – and with considerable success.
You may also want to watch:
“It was definitely a happy pancake day here,” she said.
And for resident Jim Patterson the day was definitely one to remember – he won the award for the ‘pancake flipper 2021 championship’.’
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The home has 34 bedrooms and looks after adults and elderly people with a variety of requirements and complex needs.
And staff keep an eye on the calendar, too, ensuring they never miss important events.