Champion flipper crowned at care home’s Pancake Day challenge
- Credit: Soham Lodge Care Centre
Pancake Day united staff and residents at a Soham care home in a bid to find a champion ‘flipper’.
With the same stoicism displayed throughout the lockdown, Soham Lodge Care Home determined a business-as-usual approach to this annual tradition.
And to celebrate they filmed a frying pan – and pancake – being flipped here, flipped there and flipped everywhere across the home.
Even bed bound residents raised a smile as it was their turn for a ‘flipping moment’.
Activities manager Emma Hales led the charge of the pancakes – and with considerable success.
You may also want to watch:
“It was definitely a happy pancake day here,” she said.
And for resident Jim Patterson the day was definitely one to remember – he won the award for the ‘pancake flipper 2021 championship’.’
- 1 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 2 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 3 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 4 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 Business improving for market traders as lockdown eases
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 Coffee company's stolen generator found as business continues to thrive
The home has 34 bedrooms and looks after adults and elderly people with a variety of requirements and complex needs.
And staff keep an eye on the calendar, too, ensuring they never miss important events.