Pallets and boxes fire spreads to barn in Little Downham
- Credit: Archant
A large number of pallets and boxes caught fire in Little Downham spreading to a nearby barn.
A large number of pallets and boxes have caught fire in Little Downham spreading to a nearby barn.
Firefighters were called to the scene at Hobbs Farm, in Ely Road, at 11.44am this morning (Sept 13).
The blaze has been extinguished using hose reels and jets but crews are still dampening down.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Fire Service said: "Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a large amount of pallets and boxes, which was spreading to a nearby barn.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews from Ely and Cottenham with the south roaming fire engine and a water carrier from Ramsey, along with crews from Newmarket in Suffolk, attended the incident.
"They've extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Space-themed family rave with top DJs
"Crews are still at the scene damping the area down and making it safe."
A burst water main also meant that residents were left without water.