Pallets and boxes fire spreads to barn in Little Downham
- Credit: Archant
A large number of pallets and boxes caught fire in Little Downham spreading to a nearby barn.
A large number of pallets and boxes have caught fire in Little Downham spreading to a nearby barn.
Firefighters were called to the scene at Hobbs Farm, in Ely Road, at 11.44am this morning (Sept 13).
The blaze has been extinguished using hose reels and jets but crews are still dampening down.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Fire Service said: "Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a large amount of pallets and boxes, which was spreading to a nearby barn.
"Crews from Ely and Cottenham with the south roaming fire engine and a water carrier from Ramsey, along with crews from Newmarket in Suffolk, attended the incident.
"They've extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
"Crews are still at the scene damping the area down and making it safe."
A burst water main also meant that residents were left without water.