Pair accused of church theft
TWO men have landed in court accused of stealing almost £2,000 worth of lead from Ely s Countess Free Church. Joe Allgood, 34, of Earith Bridge Caravan Site and Carl Scarrow, 25, of Broad Piece, Soham, have been charged with stealing the lead from the chu
TWO men have landed in court accused of stealing almost £2,000 worth of lead from Ely's Countess Free Church.
Joe Allgood, 34, of Earith Bridge Caravan Site and Carl Scarrow, 25, of Broad Piece, Soham, have been charged with stealing the lead from the church on March 27 this year.
They are also accused of stealing metal, value unknown, from the Environment Agency on the same day.
Scarrow faces further charges of driving a Ford Transit van on Prickwillow Road, Ely without a test certificate and insurance and failing to produce a driving licence.
You may also want to watch:
The pair appeared before Ely Magistrates Court on Thursday when their case was adjourned until May 17.
They were granted unconditional bail.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4